WHO ARE CLOSERS?
The last blow-slot of the day (regardless of when) is a “Closing” slot.
- Turn Blue ball-valve on Gas Line (top left of Hole) perpendicular to the line.
(This shuts the fuel OFF). Green light above Hole should turn orange.
- Press Button marked “PIPE-WARMER” on Pipe-Warmer Controller
(Button pops out & flame goes off).
- Turn Annealer Down:
- Flip Sign to RED
- Draw down arrow (↓) on chalkboard square on front of kiln.
- Note date/time on chalkboard square (so we can track when a kiln was sent down.)
- Press EZ-2 on controller* for that Annealer (e.g. B-2). (* Located in Flame-Shop/Classroom).
- Send up Annealer for the next day.
- Empty an Annealer (if needed and if below 200˚F) onto appropriately marked shelf in Classroom. (e.g. Annealer B1 glass goes on shelf marked B1)
- Sweep out broken glass/sand/etc in empty annealer.
- Press “EZ-1” on corresponding controller to send up the empty and clean Annealer.
- Sweep ENTIRE Hot Shop floor THOROUGHLY!
- Put Glass Tools & Brooms AWAY!