Skip to content
WHO ARE CLOSERS?
The last blow-slot of the day (regardless of when) is a “Closing” slot.
- Press RED button on back of Glory Holes.
(This turns them OFF).
- Press Button marked “PIPE-WARMER” on Pipe-Warmer Controller
(Button pops out & flame goes off).
- Press EZ-2 button on COLOR BOX controller.
(“EZ2” and Profile Icon should light up.)
- Turn Annealer Down:
- Flip Sign to RED
- Draw down arrow (↓) on chalkboard square on front of kiln.
- Note date/time on chalkboard square (so we can track when a kiln was sent down.)
- Press EZ-2 on controller* for that Annealer (e.g. B-2). (* Located in Kiln Room).
- Make sure an Annealer is ready for the next day.
- If needed empty an Annealer (if below 200˚F) onto appropriately marked shelf in Classroom. (e.g. Annealer B1 glass goes on shelf marked B1)
- Press “EZ-1” to send up the empty and clean Annealer.
- Sweep ENTIRE Hot Shop floor THOROUGHLY!
- Empty & Refill Block Bucket water.
- Glass Tools & Brooms AWAY!